Today’s article is about Inspiring others and how you can become a better person in doing so. Have you ever read a book or met someone that just inspired you to do things in a better way or be a better person? This is the power of being a positive person. If you want to be an inspiration then you must first become a positive person yourself. It takes time and a positive mindset in order to become an inspirational person. The biggest part of being a leader is being able to inspire people. I use inspiration every day in my business and also in my father’s business. Today I was able to inspire my father’s store clerk at A. J. Sales. She was able to have a really great day of sales and went home feeling really good about herself.
You see, when some one is feeling negative then it affects everything that they do. Even thou they don’t realize it. If you want to lead you must inspire or you could be putting yourself in a counter productive position. Here is a list of 10 things that can help you to become more Inspirational.
- Showing you care can mean everything. If you don’t care then find a way to care because people can tell when you are being genuine and showing your true feelings. When you first see someone, look them in the eyes and greet them warmly. Ask them how their day is going and really listen to what they say.
- Really LISTEN to what they tell you and interact with them. Don’t just shrug them off and go on about your day. Listen to what they tell you and interact with them. Ask them questions because, you never know, you might actually have some knowledge that can help them with what ever they have going on that they need to talk about. Most importantly is that you don’t cut them off while they are speaking. Don’t interrupt them and wait until they are finished talking to get a full and clear understanding of what they are talking about.
- Always be Positive when you are talking to people. Don’t criticize or insult them in any way. People will respond to you less if they know your just going to give them some criticism. Find something that can make them feel good and positive.
- Share the Credit. If you are working with someone then always give credit where credit is due. Don’t be a credit hog. No one likes to be discredited when they did the just as much work as you did. If you share the credit or even give all the credit to the person that did the most then it will be returned to you in kindness on the next project.
- Have Confidence in yourself and others. If you hold your head up and walk with a since of self pride then people will look at you differently. Don’t have to much confidence that you come across as arrogant thou. Use good judgment in this area and be respectful to others.
- Keep you cool. If someone insults you then just keep you head and stay cool. If you loose your temper and start insulting the other person to others then you are no better than him/her. Just let the chip fall off you shoulder and go on about your business. This is one that is hard to do especially for me but I do my best every day to improve this skill as should anybody.
- Always follow threw with promises. If you make a promise or say that you will do something then always make sure to follow threw on it. This will show good characteristics and will always reap a reward in what ever it is you do.
- Recognize your own faults. Everyone needs encouragement and it always helps to leadby example. If you can show that you yourself have faults and what it is that you do to get past them then you will inspire more people than you can ever imagine. Share what helps you to do what you do when ever you can but never be afraid to ask for help. There are numerous tools available to all of us with just the click of a mouse.
- Be yourself. Always be true to yourself. In today’s society it is really hard to actually be yourself. Every where you turn someone is trying to mold and shape you to be just like them but you are a unique person. When you are true to yourself, then your own personality will shine threw and your own unique qualities will come out.
- Have a Clear plan of action. Always start with the end in mind. Find a goal that you want to reach and then work on achieving it. This will give you guidance threw out what ever you do.
Thank you for taking the time to read this article and please if you feel that I missed some key notes then let me know in the comments section. I would really love to hear feedback from my readers. Also if there is anything that you would like me to post about then I’m always up for suggestions. Have a wonderful day and here is to your success.
Image source for featured image: Brown, J. (n.d.). (Images) 68 inspirational picture quotes to kickstart your day! Retrieved from http://addicted2success.com/quotes/images-68-inspirational-picture-quotes-to-kickstart-your-day/
Image source for Steve Jobs Quote: Brown, J. (n.d.). (Images) 68 inspirational picture quotes to kickstart your day! Retrieved from http://addicted2success.com/quotes/images-68-inspirational-picture-quotes-to-kickstart-your-day/
Image source for Dreams don’t work: Brown, J. (n.d.). (Images) 68 inspirational picture quotes to kickstart your day! Retrieved from http://addicted2success.com/quotes/images-68-inspirational-picture-quotes-to-kickstart-your-day/